1973 – Dir. George Lucas (USA)
Writing Credits: George Lucas, Gloria Katz , and Willard Huyck
DVD has “Making of American Graffiti"
Compiled by Beverly Butler
- Aliventi, Patti. “American Graffiti: A Different Time, the Same People". Epinions.com October 6, 2006
Review. Includes theme, bigger picture, plot, and some setting.
- “American Graffiti" Internet Movie Database (January 5, 2007)
Site has links to credits, plot, reviews, articles, and literature listings.
- “American Graffiti" Rottentomatoes.com (January 11, 2007)
Site has links to reviews. At the bottom of the page has link to articles.
- Dempsey, Michael “American Graffiti". Film Quarterly, Vol. 27, No. 1. (Autumn, 1973), pp. 58-60. JSTOR Database. (December 9, 2006)
Article on the movie. Has some plot, character analysis, and some setting info.
- Ebert, Roger. Review Chicago Sun Times, August 11, 1973. September 27, 2006
Review. Includes theme of movie, relation to history of the time, the “cruising" ritual, music in the movie, and the symbolism of the blonde in the Thunderbird.
- "George Lucas". Contemporary Heroes and Heroines, Book III. Edited by Terrie M. Rooney. Gale Research, 1998.
Reproduced in Biography Resource Center. Farmington Hills, Mich.: Thomson Gale. 2007. (January 11, 2007)
Biography of Lucas (mostly career stuff). Includes some info linking Lucas’ life with American Graffiti. Also includes theme of the movie.
- Levy, Emanuel. “American Graffiti". EmanuelLevy.com October 6, 2006
Review from Rottentomatoes.com. Discusses setting, cultural symbols of the time, era, character, plot, and a short sentence on the feminist’s viewpoint.
© T. T. Eiland, January 1998
Last modified: Feb 14, 2008